Inspiration

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back from the US

We got back a couple of days ago from our five week trip to the US. We spent a few days in New York, and this was the first time I'd been there with my kids. They were amazed by the tall buildings, of course...by all the taxis, the distances they had to walk and the resulting sore feet and legs! So, although these are really typical photos of New York, they remind me of the dazzle in my children's eyes when they saw these places for the first time.








We went past the Dakota, mainly for my sister, who didn't come with us to New York, because she absolutey wanted photos of the place where Rosemary's Baby was filmed.



I couldn't resist taking this photo of the work of one of my long-time favorite sculptors, Claes Oldenberg at the Museum of Modern Art.













The place I love most in New York is the Met, where I could stay for hours roaming around the Egyptian exhibits. I was very happy to find that my children liked the Egyptian art as well, taking lots of photos of their favorite pieces, and genuinely enjoying our time there.



2 comments:

  1. Seems like a wonderful place to roam, and that you had a great and relaxing holiday--good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love NYC and MoMa:))) will love to going back for another holiday there sometimes! I can see that you like Egyptian history, you should go to Cairo and visit their main museum, you don't want to go home after that methink:)))

    ReplyDelete